Weddings and events venue
We were asked to create an outdoor space for this Georgian building that would build and maintain our client’s reputation as a premier wedding and events venue. The most important factors influencing the design were:
- The provision of an identifiable hard paved reception spaces that could be used for formal and informal gatherings for daytime and also for evening use.
- To provide a special space appropriate to outdoor wedding ceremonies for 80 guests
- Improved circulation into and through the space
- Quiet areas for retreat or social interaction
- Seating and lighting to be considered throughout
- Locations within the garden suitable for wedding and group photographs
A ring of Pleached hedges and lush underplanting were used to create a private and sacred ceremony space. Bespoke water features were designed including reflective pools and a ‘water arch’ that couples would walk through as part of a ceremony.
Planting character was considered to provide year round interest and stronger, more structural planting was used to divide the space.